About Me

Hey there...My name is John Alice and I am happily married to my wife of 11 years Erin. We have five children; Tawna, Austin, Hailey, Isabel, & E-beth. I also happen to be the Pastor of Old Fort Church in the Northern Midwestern part of Ohio. God has done so many things in my life from being a church planter in a YMCA to fostering up to 14 different children in our house. There have been many struggles along the way with infertility, Isabel's Aperts Syndrome, and the challenges of raising five children. However, God has always met me in times of struggle and walked with me through these real life issues.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Isabel has succesful surgery!

Just got back from the hospital. We are holding up at my moms house in Dayton for the night. All went well. Isabel had some work done on her left hand. She has pins in her thumb and another separation of one of her digits. Should look great when the cast comes off in the next month. God has answered our prayers once again. He is so faithful. I can honestly say I never doubted. Not even when the surgery went on for an extra hour and a half longer then we had expected. God is awesome. Isabel is doing well. She is a little dopey and sleeping right now.

Something amazing happened at the Children's hospital. Then again every time we are at Cincy Children's Hospital God does something miraculous. I was getting some prescriptions filled for Isabel at their pharmacy when a young lady behind me in line asked me a question. She looked at me with red eyes that had obviously been producing tears recently and said, "I know this is going to sound weird but, do you pray?" Stunned with passion in my heart I quickly responded,"absolutely yes!" She then asked, "would you pray for my husband and my daughter Isabel?" I was stunned. Not only did God place me in this situation to be there to pray for her but she also had a daughter named Isabel...WOW! I put my arm around her right there in the waiting area in the Pharmacy and told her that God was good and that I was a pastor and I too had a daughter named Isabel and that I would absolutely pray with her. I heard an A-men from someone else in line that was overhearing our conversation. It was a real God moment. I prayed for her and for her family out loud right there in front of everyone. It was awesome.

How many of us would have the courage to ask a stranger to pray for us as Megan did? How many of us would believe God to be so faithful that He would bring us exactly who we need in a moment like that and cry out to them? I can't say that I have done something like that before. How amazing is it that God put me right there in that moment, a pastor with a daughter named Isabel who was having surgery as well, so Megan could have me pray for her. It was like God was using me as His Angel, or to literally be the hands and feet and heart of Jesus in that moment for her. God is so amazing. God is so good! You will never know when God might want to use you. Keep your eyes open He is always at work! Thanks for all your prayers. Not only did Isabel do well but I was able to help someone in need. I beleive it was because my family and I were surrounded by your prayers...thanks for all your faithfullness. Blessings, Your Dreaming Pastor

No comments: